Sunday, March 26, 2006

WorlBoy's last couple of days and future news

It's been a busy couple of days. Last night I played a little big band gig at the Golden Gloves boxing tournament with Dick Bright and the DBO. Here was the line up. Louis Fasman lead tpt, Charlie McCarthy alto sax, Tod Dickow tenor sax, Aaron Lington bari sax, Rene Jenkins trombone, Mike Hatfield piano, Dave Rokeach drums and Rich Girard bass. I saw Sugar Ray Leonard (but no Donald Trump), plenty of women in short shirts and skirts passing out beer bottle openers and selling t-shirts. Tecate girls, round card girls ect....Sex sells and they weren't too shy about it. It was the first time I've ever been to a live boxing match. I saw a knock out as well as some Women's boxing. I'm sorry to say that boxing does nothing for me. I guess I'd rather watch two or four folks wack a tennis ball back and forth rather than a couple of people hammer on each other. It seems so primitive. But, that's my opinion folks....The gig was cool but the sport bites.
Today I go back to Open Path to rehearse with Kat Parra's new project, produced by the maestro himself, Wayne "The Doctor" Wallace. We'll record her work on Thursday and Friday.
Speaking of the Doctor, Wayne is getting ready to record his 3rd Rhythm and Rhyme CD in a few months. David Yamasaki is flying in from Hawaii for that. It'll be great to see him and Joanie again.
Well that's all for now. Have a great day folks....

1 comment:

Jaime said...

sorry to bother you and i am sure you will think what the hell, but i was just doing a google search of something and this popped up, and i was just curious if John Hettel was a cousin to Jim, Connie, Penny and Jack? I am sure you dont personally know this but if you could have him contact me @ buggaboo923@aol.com i would appreciate it, 'cause if he is i would be his cousin also, well second cousin, my brother has met him but sadly when i was in cali visting i did not get to meet him. talked to him on the phone once i think.