Thursday, March 23, 2006

WorlBoy updates

Here are a few notes about last weekends gigs.
The Rudy Salvini gig was fun. That was last Sunday in Alameda. The band swung pretty hard and I hope Rudy gets a few good takes for the next CD. He likes to record the band live on several dates and picks the best of the bunch. For those of you who are purusers of antique stores, head over to Alameda. I saw tons of them and I'm sure it would keep a guy like me busy for hours. I got bit by that bug from hanging around my Uncle Hobart, who collects everything from American Indian artifacts to furniture from the early years of our country when George Washington was the first president. My specialty is non other than trumpets, cornets and sheet music (go figure). I can't wait for a free day so I can look around a bit in those shops.
I played at the Tribute Show, dedicated to the Rat Pack last Saturday. They are going to close April 16th so if you haven't seen it, you better go soon. I like the music but the racial jokes suck. For God's sake, it's 2006! The world is a different place...isn't it? The band is good, theater is nice and the cast is ok. TheaterWorks on the peninsula presents a higher quality of work but in some ways, you can beat how swinging that music was back in the day.
next blog...Foothill College night band concert last Tuesday.....

No comments: