Wednesday, January 16, 2008

I'm back.....

2007...what a great year. There was so much to be thankful for. It also was a time of great sadness with the passing of so many loved ones. My Uncle Mike was one of them. I still have a hard time understanding a world without my Uncle Mike. Love ya always Mike...
WorlView toured a bit up in the pacific northwest. I got to play with some of my favorite musicians(Jim Norton, Jennifer Scott ect...) and made new friends.
I recorded on Wayne Wallace's new cd and man, you gotta check out Ron Stallings vocals on "Unchain My Heart"...It's freakin' unbelievable.
Louis Fasman kicked major butt on it as well. Is it my imagination or is the guy superman on the trumpet or what?!@? For more input, check out Serpentine Fire...He's laying it down like nobody's buisiness. Check it out...
My friend trumpeter/flugalhornist Paul Tynan flew into town and is blowin' everyone away with his superb playing. Another new hero in my book. I want to be like him when I grow up.
Niel Levonius has made great strides with his playing. We're splitting the lead book in Fil Lorenz's Collective West Jazz Orchestra and is always chompin'at the bit to 8va here and there.
Susan and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary by going on the Freedom Of The Seas cruise ship to the Caribean. What a great ship and trip. We had a blast....Love that cheeesehead bride of mine. Looking forward to another 10-50 years of bliss.
To bring 07 to a close, my students sat in with my band at the Dana St. Roasting CO. in Dec and brought a few tears to the folks attending, eyes. I'm so proud of those guys. You have to have the heart of a lion to get up on stage and blow with such a top notch band like mine. Murray, Tom and Paul swung like mad and the kids kept up like cats, decades older. Man, that place was swingin'...
2008 has alot to offer.
Look for John Worley & Bari Bari at the San Jose Jazz Sunday series Feb 17th.
Wayne Wallace at the new Yoshi's in SF for his CD release party on July 7th.
Many more concerts and gigs coming up so keep checking in the ol' myspace page:
www.myspace.com/worlview for access to my calendar.
Peace and hope you have a kick ass 2008.
Namaste,
WorlBoy

No comments: