Tuesday, June 20, 2006

I'm back!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Folks,
I'm back on the block so to speak! Lots of fun gigs have gone down and at the moment, I'm spending the week in Bay Studio with Wayne Wallace and the Rhythm and Rhyme cats. You got Louis Fasman on tpt, Melecio Magdaluyo and Ron Stallings on woodwinds, John Santos and Michael Spiro on percussion, Paul VW on drums, Dave Belove on bass, Murray Low and Frank Martin on keys, David Yamasaki all the way from Honolulu my brother on guitar, Alexa on vocals and last but not least, Gary Mankin on the flight deck, manning the controls. By the way, Gary is one bad mo'fo on the board for those of you who haven't worked with him.
We're laying down two CD's worth of material and man, Wayne has out done himself again! That's why he's called the "Doctor" by so many who love him!
San Jose Jazz Society's "Jazz Goes To College" camp started up. Mic Gillette from TOP works with the kiddies this week and I get to have at them next week. Mic is one bad ass tpt player and honks a mean bone too. Kristen Strom and Dave Gregoric are on board doing what they do best.....Taking care of business and sharing their collective wisdom with the young folks. You go Dave and Kris.
Hey, I got company and have to run so take care, check out my blog again soon and I'll talk to ya soon.
Peace,
John
PS. Kat Parra's new CD came out and it's getting 10*'s from me. And not because I'm on a couple of tracks. She's put together one fine piece of art with the producing skills of none other than......the Doctor himself. Check it out. You will love, I guarantee it! Google the young lady and pick up her CD. I'll have more info re: how to pick it up in my next blog.

No comments: