Tuesday, May 09, 2006

WorlView live at Santana Row 5/9/2006

What a cool gig we had tonight. Geoff Roach of the San Jose Jazz Society Santana Row and Lexus had us perform as part of their Summer Jazz series. Lots of SJ Jazz society staff and members were there helping out and many, many friends showed up to support us and what a great party it was. Helping to make it happen was Barbara Christmann, Director of Education & Outreach for the jazz society and sound man/bass player Myron Dove. Both of them made the sound happening and it was so comfortable to play. That's important if you're playing with 7 cats and you're blowing the flugelhorn. Wayne brought out his Wagnerian Tuba for the gig and played a couple of tunes. I'm inspired! I'm bringing the Post horn to the next gig and I might even write a tune for us to go off on! Special thanks to Kristine M. Haskett, Director of Development, Madelyn Crawford, Membership Coordinator and Rubelyn Lardizabal, Event Planning. They helped out with CD sales and were there to answer any questions folks had about the SJJazz Society. My wife Susan came by and funny how when she shows up, I play better. It's because she's my better half! Quite a few of her friends came by, Sue Vincent, Maureen Fox, Cheryl Hopkins, David Brimmer and others. It is so nice to see all the familiar faces. Thank you everyone for supporting us. It means the world to all of the cats in the band. Oh yeah, my podcast is up and running. Go to http://applausecastbusiness.podOmatic.com and scroll down to part 1 and start there. You can hear my interview with Steve Marra and Bill Hedges from ApplauseCast. Great cats and we all had a ball making it. After you check it out, email me and let me know how you liked it. Gotta run...See ya all soon.
John (rabid blogger, as quoted in the SJ Mercury News)

No comments: