Wednesday, April 19, 2006

WorlView 5.0 this Saturday 4/22 and other great news

Hi Friends,
I wanted to share some great news and remind you that WorlView 5.0 is playing at a house concert in Campbell, produced by TrueWind Music promoters Bev and Greg this coming Saturday. There is limited seating so if you're planning on coming, I would suggest that you call or go online and order your tickets soon.
The doors open at 7:30pm and the concert starts at 8:00pm. It promises to be an evening of great jazz in an intimate setting.
Joining me will be:
Murray Low - piano
Tom Bockhold - bass
Curt Moore - drums
and special guest from Paris, France
Sebastien Lanson - guitar
Now for the other good news. WorlView has been asked to play at the 49th Monterey Jazz Festival this year! As you know, MJF is perhaps one of the most prestigious jazz festivals on the West Coast if not in the world. I can't tell you how excited I am. I have played there 12 times for the last 14 years and this is the first time I'm leading my own band. It's like a dream come true. We'll be performing Saturday night September 16th at 9:45pm on the Garden Stage.
I hope to see you out there sharing the moment with us. And I hope that you come out this Saturday and support us and TrueWind Music in keeping Jazz alive and heard(!) in the South Bay . With many of the local venues closing, Jazz is getting harder and harder to find in our community. We would love to see you there.
Be well and don't forget to come up and say hello!
Peace,
John L. Worley Jr
http://www.johnworley.com/
John Worley and WorlView 5.0
Saturday April 22, 2006. TrueWind Music House Concert in Campbell.
Doors open 7:30 p.m. Music starts 8:00 p.m. $18 TrueWind Music
For more info or to reserve seats please contact Bev Barnett :e-mail Bev
or call her at (408) 378-6823

No comments: